This Whitepaper discusses and compares active investment management versus passive management. The perennial argument of whether active managers can outperform the index usually reappears towards the top of investment cycles. This is a result of active managers underperforming their relevant benchmarks when markets are driven by momentum and also the fear of missing out on a rising market. We are once again at this juncture after the recent poor relative performance of the average active fund manager over their relevant index.
- Global growth remains buoyant despite pockets of uncertainty
- Valuations in some asset classes are very extended
- Australian economy is sending mixed messages; outlook uncertain
- Geopolitical concerns remain elevated
- Remain with elevated cash and well diversified
Click here to read the Global Outlook and Strategy 3rd Quarter 2017: Stem the Tide
Alternatively, you can view Grant Patterson, Managing Director, sharing the key messages of the Global Outlook and Strategy in the video below.